This training program is in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 149.43(E)(1), which requires Public Records Law training for all elected officials and/or their appropriate designees. The program will examine in-depth the responsibilities of elected officials and public offices, along with:
- Review of the rights of the public records requester
- Public Records Act and Open Meetings Act
- Records Retention laws including:
(1) New changes in the law,
(2) Key definitions, exemptions, practical compliance with a public records requests, and
(3) Remedies and penalties that may be imposed upon a public office for failure to comply.
A certificate will be given at the completion of the training program to document compliance with training requirement. Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits will be earned.
Click here for more information about compliance with public records training