This course contains a collection of ideas and processes to help you manage incoming items, process work efficiently, and even tackle those bigger priorities: the “Should be Done’s”. You will learn an easy-to-implement approach to set up your desk and filing systems as well as a step-by-step process to help you be more organized, focused and productive every day. During the workshop, you will learn how to “get things out of your head” and into your system so you eliminate missed deadlines, reduce stress and free your space – and mind – of clutter.
Presenter, Janet Jackson, of Organization Solutions will focus on:
- Principles of Organization: Understand the basic guidelines of getting and staying organized. Learn how to categorize and quickly process incoming items (mail, email, phone calls, etc.)
- Managing Incoming Items: Identify the critical decisions to be made on incoming items and be able to make them quickly.
- Setting up your To Do System: Know how to set up and use a “To Do” system, preparing your personal workspace for maximum organization, productivity, and follow through
- Setting up your Filing System: Understand filing systems, set up a system for reference files, and discover a system that nearly manages itself
- Prioritizing & Following Through: Be able to prioritize work, follow through, and make progress on the important tasks, not just the urgent ones